♥ Memory Lane

while sitting in front of my laptop and listening to music i remember this senario i had with my cousin, Cecil. this happened when i was still in Qatar and i was still new to the place. since our work hours were different from each other and our work place were somewhat about 20-30 minutes walk from each other then i had to go home by myself (only noons) and sometimes the driver can't drop me home. she told me that we're gonna walk around with my other cousin Mark so that i won't get lost and i have to remember the landmarks. so yeah, we did walk around.. went to a nearby supermarket.. ate dinner and other stuff.. well, i was like looking around and trying to remember my way home nonchalantly. she kept on checking me out and was making weird faces and i was thinking that she probably thought i was just fooling around and not taking it seriously. but really, i had everything worked out in my head.. then we went home.

while we we're outside our place, both her and Mark were smoking.. she probably can't take it anymore and asked me if i can go home without their help now. i said, "yeah, pretty much.." she kept on asking if i really can and i kept on saying that i really can. then she asked me how can i, if i remember any landmarks which can tell me if i'm going the right way home. i said: "yeah, i remember a billboard and that tells me i have to go right.." she looked at me with disbelief written all over her face and then she asked: "what if the billboard was taken down?" i was like: "hell, i didn't think of that.."

the good thing was that the entire time that i wasn't familiar with Doha that billboard wasn't taken down.. the poster was changed a couple of times but the billboard wasn't removed. now that i think about it, my answer was pretty dumb. i don't know what i was thinking. but really it was quite hilarious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment